Saturday 11 October 2014

A pile of smooches




I love the Paper Smooches chubby chums. I identify very strongly with the little chickie in the set for some reason. I love those little eyelashes and the way she looks so cheerful. When I saw this week's CAS(E) this sketch, I immediately saw a stack of chubby chums on top of each other. Actually that's not strictly speaking true. First I saw a design that involved Christmas ornaments in metallic colours, but after banging my head agains the wall for a few hours and enriching my bin with a pile of Christmas ornaments in metallic colours, it transformed from Christmas ornaments to chubby cute animals. I decided to go a bit out of my usual colour range and use the colours over at Colour Throwdown as I haven't participated in that challenge for a few weeks. I'm also entering the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge where anything goes this week.






The card was rather simple to put together, it's all in one layer and I used a mask when I stamped the next chum in the stack. I coloured the chums using Copics and used Tim Holtz distress markers to ink up the sentiment. I then used Versamark to stamp the heart from Joy to the Woods and the XO from the Chubby chums set on the orange border. Last, I stamped the owl and another greeting inside the card using Versamark.



Card: Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamps: Paper Smooches Chubby Chums, Lawn Fawn Joy to the Woods
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Versamark, Tim Holtz distress markers in Seedless Preserves, Mowed Lawn and Ripe Persimmon
Colouring: Copics V04, V09, Y13, Y15, Y19, YG11, YG13, YG17, YR04

6 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Oh, this is adorable!! Fabulous use of all the challenges!! Thxs for playing at CTD!!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a creative and fun interpretation of that sketch! Love the chums in the throwdown colors! So happy to have you joining us this week!

Tara Godfrey said...

OMGosh! This is absolutely adorable! LOVE the pile of SMOOCHES and LOVE how you used the sketch and the Color Throwdown color combo! Thanks SO much for joining us this week at CTD!
Hugs,t

Tammy Hershberger said...

SUPER CUTE! Love how you used the Throwdown colors, and that sketch! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so cute! Super sweet take on the sketch!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Thank you for the inspiration! I used it to make another.