Sunday 5 October 2014

Fox inspiration


Almost all of my cardmaking efforts lately have focused on preparing for Christmas, so I thought I would take a break from the Christmas cards and see what challenges are out there. It turns out pretty much every single colour challenge at the moment features orange in one form or another, and that's a problem for me as I'm not a big fan. I think in general I don't work very well with fall colours and that's why I have rather focused on the Christmas stuff with lots of reds, greens, gold and glitter. But I just adored the inspiration photo over at ColourQ, so I put together this card using a stamp set that came as a free gift with Papercrafting & Cardmaking magazine a while ago. I used the sketch from My Favourite Things for inspiration. I'm also entering the Crafty Creations challenge where this week the challenge is to use orange. Last but not least I'm linking up at the Pink Elephant Challenge where anything goes this week.




Card: Craft UK kraft card, coloured 240 gsm kraft card Chocolate Brown, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamps: Oscar the owl & pals(free with an old issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine)
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, Stampin' Up markers in Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive
Paper: Stampin' Up Summer Smooches
Other: Xcut scalloped circles die, Stampin' Up Sycamore Street Designer Buttons, baker's twine from my stash

2 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Great take on the color inspiration! Love that sweetly, color fox! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card and I love your sweet little fox, just too cute. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week.