Monday 27 October 2014

Fun sketch


This is just a super quick post to publish an extra card for today as I realised the challenge deadline is coming to a close in just a few hours. I made this card inspired by the My Favourite Things sketch challenge. You just have to hop over there to check in the designer card, it's one of the most gorgeous cards I have ever seen.
I thought the sketch was perfect for using up some of those paper scraps which I can't get rid of. I would have loved to have the MFT square grid die which would have made this card so much easier to make, but alas I had to fussy cut my little squares, and live with the fact that they are just a little bit crooked. I cut the squares from lots of leftover papers and adhered to black cardstock. I stamped the sentiment from Just Sayin' and heat embossed it using white powder onto black card. I then used my 80's Glam Sharpies to colour the white embossed sentiment. I love that technique, it's so much fun. I'm also entering the card in The Pink Elephant Challenge where Anything goes this week.

Cardstock: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm white card, Coloured 240 gsm kraft card black
Papers: Paper scraps from Stampin' Up DSPs
Stamps: Stampin' Up Just Sayin'
Ink: Versamark 
Other: 80's Glam Sharpies, Papermania Seafoam White embossing powder


1 comment:

Lori Turner said...

Oh, this card is FUN!!! You could do so many different color patterns/schemes/colors! Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant this week xoxoxo