Friday 3 October 2014

With sympathy


In a very brief time two people I knew passed away. One was family and the other was a neighbour. I have been very lucky and experienced very little loss of my nearest and dearest and although neither of the recent losses were very close to me, it's still a reminder of how fleeting life is. Our neighbour had just come home from a holiday with a friend, and never made it from the taxi on his driveway in to the house before he passed away. That makes you think, and be very grateful for every day you get with the people you love. It has also made me think a lot about being so far from my family. Living in another country from most of your family does make you think about how you would deal with a serious illness or accident in the family. Would I have to move back home? Leave my home and my job? Things you hope you will never have to deal with but who knows what curve balls this life has to throw.

This card is for my Mum's cousin with sympathies on her loss. It was inspired by The Challenge. I sprayed some watercolour paper with Perfect Pearls and stamped in grey ink, first on the wet paper getting more of a watercolour effect and then waiting until the paper had dried a bit for a stronger grey colour. Unfortunately the beautiful shimmer from the perfect pears doesn't show very well on the card, although I tried to get the sun to catch the shimmer. The background is clear heat embossing on black cardstock. I like the subtle effect.



Card: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm white card, Dale & Rowney 300 gsm Aquafine Watercolour paper, black cardstock from my stash, shimmery silver cardstock from my stash
Ink: Versamark, Stampin' Up Basic Gray
Stamp: Hero Arts Flourish Background, Hobbycraft Thistle
Other: Perfect Pearls, Ranger Fine Clear Embossing powder, Tim Holtz Alterations Vintage lace die, Papermania adhesive gems Capsule Heather, white ribbon from my stash

2 comments:

Lesley said...

So soft and pretty! Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely COLORS, so soft and perfect for your theme. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!!!