Friday 27 March 2015

Birthday swirl cupcake


Oh how I look forward to the next two weeks or so. First right now, I'm looking forward to this weekend, and some quality time in the garden and craft room. I'm planning to get a few raspberry plants to enhance my raspberry patch after I dug up some useless bits. Then I only have three days at work, followed by a glorious six day Easter holiday which I plan to spend relaxing and crafting. And enjoying our two new family members, the steam cleaner and the pressure washer! I will be cleaning and washing everything I can get my hands on, starting from my horrendously filthy car. And all of this will be followed by another three day work week followed by yet another weekend! So right now it feels like like is quite good.

Today's card is inspired by the image over at The Card Concept as well as the colours and sketch over at The Challenge. I made my cupcake swirled with pink just like the cupcake in the inspiration photo. I coloured selected parts of the Tim Holtz Birthday Blueprint cupcake stamp using a black marker, and then coloured the cupcake using a grey, pink and green marker. I then added green, pink and clear stickles to the cupcake. Last, I cut out the banners and stamped the sentiment. I made the enamel dots myself from Perler beads using the tutorial over here, which I found over at House of Cards. I'm also linking up my card for their enamel dot challenge. This is my second entry, I couldn't find anything in their rules whether you are allowed to link up more than once. I'm also linking up over at Clear It Out challenge where the theme is birthday and the stash item is polka dots and 2 Cute Ink where the theme is glitter.





Card: 300 gsm white card
Stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Birthday Blueprint, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' write markers Basic Black and Smoky Slate, Tim Holtz distress markers Picked Raspberry and Mowed Lawn
Paper: Stampin' Up Designer Series Paper Pattern Stack Brights
Other: Tim Holtz Distress Stickles Worn Lipstick, Ranger Ice Stickles, home-made enamel dots


7 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute! Thanks so much for playing along with The Card Concept!

Judy V said...

Cute card! Love the glittery cupcake and your self made enamel dots! Great take on all the challenges! Thanks for sharing with us at House of Cards!

Lesley said...

Great job combining the Challenges! Love that sketched cupcake! Thanks so much for joining us at The Challenge!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this huge cupcake!!! Wonderful for BOTH the Card Concept and The Challenge!!!!

Thanks so much for joining us and sharing your creativity. Please join us tomorrow for an extra fun special The Challenge!!!!

Mynn xx said...

This is totally awesome! LOVE the bold bright colors and CAS feel! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at HOC :)

Katy said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors and those enamel dots! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! :)