Thursday 5 March 2015

Mother's day round one


I'm so excited, this is the first card I'm photographing with my fabulous new camera. I only got it a few days ago, and have managed to figure out how to take pictures using the automatic settings but that's pretty much it. I can't wait for the weekend to have a little more time to play around with it.

Today's card is for Mother's Day round one, which is the UK mother's day in March. Round two will be in May for Finnish Mother's Day. I think it's strange that they are at different times. Anyhow, as I figured it's highly unlikely the Culinary Consultant would be making a card for his Mum, I thought I might as well do it. I used the sketch over at Retro Sketches, and a cute stamp from a set that came free with a crafting magazine. I was also inspired by the bow tie theme over at Fusion Card Challenge as well as the bright colours and the bow tie in the inspiration picture over at Cure for the Monday Blues. I would also like to enter the Girly Girl challenge over at The Pink Elephant, the Mum's the word challenge over at Digi Choosday, For a special Lady over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and Mother's Day over at Dream Valley Challenges.



Card: 300 gsm white card, coloured 240 gsm kraft card raspberry, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Paper: Free paper bundle that came with a crafting magazine, scrap of rainbow striped paper
Stamp: Free Bently Bear stamps that came with a crafting magazine
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Colouring: Copics B00, B41, B45, E33, E34, E39, R43, RV29, V93, V99, YG11, YG13, YG17, Y13, Y15, Y19
Other: Lawn Fawn stitched circle dies, Stampin' Up Hello You dies, Bow builder punch



6 comments:

Pillan said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley!
/Pillan, DT

Eve's Been Reading said...

This is so cute! I love how this has been done and it's such a pretty card. Thanks so much for joining in the fun challenge of 'Mothers Day' at Digi Choosday Challenge! Yvonne (DT)

Digi Choosday Challenge

Taheerah said...

So cute, love that bright bow! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

Jo Nevill said...

Such a pretty card

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

What I Created Next said...

Beautiful card and very nice colour choice too. Love the bow. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Mum’s The Word challenge

Carole said...

this is really sweet, thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley. Good Luck.
Carole DT