Saturday 7 March 2015

Masculine card in blue and turquoise


It's been a great few days. Yesterday we had a nice lunch with our team at work, and I was able to leave work early as planned to enjoy the beautiful sunshine. On my way home I popped by the post office to pick up a parcel from my Mum with yummy goodies from home along with some Moomin mugs and towels. And today I have been out taking pictures of  parrots and alligators in the beautiful sunshine. I also decided to start another blog for my photos! Stay tuned for a link tomorrow. But no more ramblings for today, I'll move on to the reason you are here.

Today's card is inspired by the sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch and the great colours over at ColourQ. I was also inspired by the "Masculine" theme over at Just Us Girls and the "Tag You're It" over at RetroRubber. I used two Tim Holtz stamp sets that I have owned for ages, but used very little. In fact, I've never used the stamp I used for the background before. Actually, I realised all the supplies I used for this card, apart from the white and black cardstock have been in my stash for ages. Last but not least I'm linking up at The Friday Mashup to celebrate the 200th challenge (Happy 200th challenge FMS!!). You can pick your favourite challenge/challenges and I have chosen to go with a mix of  #30 Recycled Materials (stamped on newspaper for the background) and #159 Use a stencil (Tim Holtz bubble stencil used for the background).



Card: Coloured 240 gsm kraft card in black, 300 gsm white card, Ranger #8 size craft tag, newspaper
Stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Remnants CMS130, The Journey
Ink: Stampin Up Distress ink Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot, Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress paints Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire
Other: Tim Holtz stencil Bubble Layering Stencil  

20 comments:

Kim P said...

Excellent masculine card! I love how you pieced this collage style card together. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup 200th celebration!

D- said...

This is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
I'm a Friday Mashup newbie.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

Neva Cole said...

Wonderful use of a tag on a great masculine card. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber. BTW, we share great taste in selection of blog background, LOL! Neva from DT RRCB

Unknown said...

What a great retro masculine themed card! Definitely has a vintage feel to it! Love the color combination.
thanks for sharing this with RRBC. Hope to see you play with us often!

Cynthia said...

Love your card! Thanks for playing along with our anniversary challenge at The Friday Mashup!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Great masculine card! I really struggle with these myself but you've nailed it! I'm new to the Friday Mashup but I'm joining the celebration too!

Nancy said...

Way to go incorporating so many great challenges! Super cool guy card! Love your colors and that vintage car! We appreciate you joining us at Just Us Girls!!

Leigh Penner said...

Great masculine card and take on the sketch!

Unknown said...

Love your card and all the dimension! You did a great job combining all the challenges! Thanks for playing along at the Friday Mashup! ~amy

Claire said...

Fabulous man's card and a great use of the sketch. Love how you've used the newspaper to stamp on - it looks so effective. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

Unknown said...

I love all the different layers of your card! and i know what you mean about having stamps laying around forever and barely using them.....I have quite a few that have been uninked for years!!! Great job mashing up challenges at the Friday Mashup! thanks for joining in the celebration!

Jane Knudsen said...

Fantastic male card. You fit everything together so well! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

Sylvia said...

What a fun card for a guy! So glad you joined us at the colourQ this week.

LeAnne said...

Very cool creation..I always wanted to use that big newsprint paper but could never figure out how! You combined it nicely with the vintage car and tags! Thanks for playing with the RetroRubber challenge this week!

Christine Traversa said...

Very cool with a great color combo! Thanks for doing the challenge!

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a cool masculine card - the hardest card to make, in my opinion. I love the combination of all the challenges, ending in one great card! Thank you for playing along with the Retro Rubber tag challenge and hope you will come back soon.

Claire Grantham said...

Men's cards are so hard, this totally nails it and fits with our lovely tag theme. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this week. Cx RRBC DT

Anonymous said...

Tons of tags on this card! Perfect for the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog :-) Thanks for playing along.

Lisa said...

Great job on the card, thanks for sharing for our 200th celebration at The Friday Mashup.

Mary-Anne V said...

neat card...love the look of the tag.