Tuesday 3 March 2015

Holly Jolly - Dies and Punches


Although the weather has turned sunnier outside, it's time to get back into snow-y sentiments and freezing cold temperatures in your crafting mind to get into the mindset of creating another Christmas Card. We have a new challenge over at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge, and this time we are encouraging you to get out your dies and punches. 

As usual there are prizes for winners, this time from our generous sponsors Bugaboo Stamps, Dr Digi and Fred She Said. If you are struggling to get inspired, just hop over to Holly Jolly for plenty of inspiration from the DT, or head over to our sponsors to get inspired by their gorgeous digis. 



For my card, I used the adorable Snowball Penguins from Bugaboo. I just love the penguins, you can find lots of digis where they are having wintery adventures. I coloured them with Copics, and added Ice Stickles to the snow balls. I matted them onto a die cut frame. I also die cut the letters for "Merry" and added stickles for a bit of shimmer. For the "Christmas" panel I got out my corner rounder punch. I thought the snowflake paper went perfectly with the penguin's snowy antics.

I'm linking up with the following challenges:
Crimbo Crackers - Make Me Laugh
ABC Christmas Colours - D is for die cuts

Card: 300 gsm white card, Coloured 240 gsm kraft card Ruby Red, Hobbycraft Three shades of blue 160 gsm card
Paper: Dovecraft Merry Magic 8x8 DSP
Stamps: Bugaboo Snowball Penguins, Lawn Fawn Joy to the Woods
Ink: Stampin' Up Pacific Point
Colouring: Copics B00, B04, B06, C01, C03, C05, E29, E39, R20, R24, R46, YG11, YG13, YG15, YR04, Black Stampin' Write marker
Other: Spellbinder's Pear Effects die, Lawn Fawn Cole's ABCs dies, Ranger Ice Stickles

11 comments:

Shona Chambers said...

So hard for me to get into a 'wintery state of mind'. I'm in New Zealand and its been the hotest, driest Summer for a very long time. Its 9.30pm Tuesday night and I'm sitting here in my summer nightie with all the curtains and windows open....and I'm still hot!!! This card couldn't be more adorable. I just love those penguins and the scene you've set with them. Your colouring is fantastic, you've really brought them to life. I'm so glad you shared this with us this at ATSM and wish I could send some hot weather your way!!!

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Such a cute card! I love those penguins. Fab use of markers! Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT, April x

N-Eva said...

Your card is very cute. I love bugaboo digital stamps and your are very nice coloring :-))

Helen said...

Awww....sweet card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Deborah Frings said...

These penguins are really cute - love the colouring. Great background too. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun card! I love the playful penguins and your sparkly sentiment is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Carissa said...

Super cute card. Thanks for playing with the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Carissa

Suze said...

I love the Bugaboo image you have worked with - such darling penguins. Thanks for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for March.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

Cute card.

Thanks for joining us at CCAYR and good luck.

hugs
Claudia
DT CCAYR

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting, also for CCAYR March challenge - hope to see you again soon. x

Julie said...

What a cute card. Love the penguins. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT
Julie T