Saturday 28 March 2015

One last Easter card


It's been the most ordinary Saturday. We are so set in our routines - we wake up, I have a breakfast while catching up on blogs and then craft for a few hours. We set out to the grocery store, and often also pop to the pet store for some food for the scaly babies. When we get back I make something quick and easy for lunch, which we enjoy while watching something random on the TV. Then the Culinary Consultant settles down to "watch" TV, i.e. taking a nap, while I blog or go back to crafting. In fact, my typing may have just woken him up from his nap... Yep, definitely awake now. And soon, it's time to start preparing dinner, and there is some cleaning that needs doing as well, but not before we finish watching Over the Hedge. I love lazy Saturdays!

This is the card I made this morning. There is a really interesting challenge over at Daring Cardmakers this week. It's about visiting the Kool Kitty blog and getting inspired by Nat's gorgeous creations. I always love finding a new blog to follow. So inspired by Nat's style, I created my last Easter card. I was also inspired by the sketch over at Viva la Verve, the colour combo over at Color Throwdown and the Easter-y inspiration photo over at Just Us Girls. I'm also linking up with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes.



For the background I masked some of the Irresistibly Yours paper with Washi tape, and inked using Bundled Sage ink. I die cut the foreground rectangle using stitched dies and the Lawn Fawn Let's Polka papers. I stamped the bunnies and easter eggs and coloured using Copics. Last, I die cut the "Happy" and stamped part of an Easter sentiment onto the banner.

Card: 300 gsm white card
Paper: Stampin' Up Irresistibly Yours, Lawn Fawn Let's Polka
Stamps: Paper Smooches A Little Lovin, Lawn Fawn Critters from the Past, Personal Impressions Easter Set 1
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Bundled Stage, Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies, Stampin' Up Hello you dies, Banner punch

7 comments:

Vickie Z said...

PS images are adorable!! Sounds like a perfect Saturday to me!! This for joining us at CTD!

Lin said...

I LOVE all the dots!! What a fun card for Easter! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your fun Easter bunnies! Such a happy combination of the throwdown colors!

Natty said...

Aw what a fab card - I just love that "happy" die-cut you've used. :D

Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week and also thank you for popping over to my blog, I'm glad you liked what you saw. ;)

Cheryl said...

Great card! Love those colors and cute, cute bunnies!
Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Lythan said...

What a great card. And I am so pleased that you ahve been inspired be Nat's wonderful style as well. Thanks for playing along with Daring Cardmakers :)

Dawn said...

Fabulous, love the bunnies they look very cheeky. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x