Sunday 8 March 2015

Pink butterfly


I'm so happy the sun is shining again today. This is at least the third day in a row with bright sunshine, and it just makes everything so much better. I love the way our house looks when there is light streaming in from every direction. And we are planning to tackle some stuff in the garden today as well, we didn't get around to doing all the necessary clearing up bits last fall so it looks quite a mess right now. 

I was also busy getting my photo blog up and running yesterday. So far there is only two pictures on there but I'm hoping there will be more in the future. Not quite sure how I will fit gardening, crafting and photography into my free time, but I'm sure I will somehow. If only I would win the lottery so I could skip the going to work-bit which unfortunately drains time from the stuff I love to do. 

But enough about everything else, and onto today's card. The card is inspired by the inspiration photos over at Just Add Ink and Time Out challenges. From the JAI photo I was inspired by the pink and teal butterfly and the concentric black circles. However, I didn't have any appropriate dies to make circular frames, so I was inspired by the overlapping rectangular frames in the Time Out photo to create the layout of my black frames. Looking at the photo, I should have shot the card against a white background and not used the blue paper for a background, now it looks like the blue background is part of the card, which it's not. I'm also linking up over at STAMPlorations where the March theme is Stencils & Stamps, Crafty Catz "A song to match your image" (Butterfly by Crazy Town), Creative Corner "Nature Inspired" and Allsorts "Spring is in the air".




Card: white 300 gsm card, black 240 gsm coloured kraft card, Stampin' Up Bermuda bay card
Stamp: Stampin' Up Swallowtail
Ink and colouring: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Blendabilities Melon Mambo and Coastal Cabana, Tim Holtz distress inks Peacock Feathers and Picked Raspberry
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched rectangular dies, Stampin' Up Hello You die, Simon Says Stamp stencil


14 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Great card! Love the beautiful big butterfly, the overlapping frames, and the die-cut sentiment (great balance of colour). Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

Jodene said...

Love your card, those angled frames look so effective. What a great idea! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink :)

sandie said...

What a great way to combine both photos, I can immediately see how each one inspired you. The double frame really adds a funky look to the pretty butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Time Out

Patrice said...

Loving your overlapping frames and it's so nice to see some blue in your card (the background doesn't look as though it is a part of your card). You've combined the two challenges perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Anonymous said...

I like how you have framed the card. And I like the pop of colour for the sentiment. Chantell JAI

Julie B said...

A great combination of challenges, love the large butterfly and the twisted frames on the soft blue stenciled background.
Thanks for linking up at STAMPlorations. :)

Nikki Spencer said...

Love your interpretation of both challenges...Very clever! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Creations by Shirl said...

That is one pretty pink butterfly... I love the sunshine too...Thanks for joining us over at Creative Corner challenge!

brenda said...

A beautiful creation and just perfect for my Spring theme.

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Jessica K said...

I love this butterfly! It is a beautiful stamp and you did a wonderful job! Definitely Nature Inspired :) Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges this week. Jess - DT Coordinator

Naomi Johnson said...

Beautiful card. Love the frames and the layout. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Mummylade said...

Adorable layout! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge!

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, the butterfly stamp is so pretty and l like the way you have put it through the frames.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Spring is in the air' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

LauraJane:) said...

Beautiful butterfly! Thanks for linking up at STAMPlorations:)