Thursday 7 April 2016

April STAMPlorations CAS challenge - Anything Goes with Spring Green


Happy April peeps! April!! Seriously... Here I thought we would never get through all that winter and all of a sudden it's already spring. I just love the light - there's daylight when you go to work in the morning and there is still daylight when you get home. Nature is in full bloom. Soon it will be BBQ season and Pimms on the lawn. It's been a tough winter with the new job and some serious health problems in the family. But now it's all starting to look a bit brighter again. And on top of all the other good stuff, we have a new challenge for you over at the STAMPlorations CAS challenge!! For April we are going with a Anything CAS goes with an optional colour twist of green. I can't wait to see what you make! Thank you also to everyone who linked up with our March challenge, it was lovely to see all the fabulous inspiration.



For my card, I went with two really fab new stamp sets, Coffee Happy and Sketchy Alphabet. I have had to give up coffee because of health reasons (and no, a decaf latte just isn't the same...), so this fabulous stamp set is a close to coffee as I'm going to get. I particularly like the little sentiments that come with the set, they are hilarious. And the Sketchy Alphabet set is so much fun, you can use it to make your own custom big and bold sentiments. I coloured everything with my watercolour pens and blended with some water. Simples, as our friend Alexander the meerkat would say!

I'm linking up with the following fabulous challenges:
One Layer Simplicity Challenge - Anything One Layer goes
Creative Moments - Inspired by a song (Every time I think of coffee and songs, I think about that Taylor Swift song that everyone misheard as "Starbucks lovers". I think it still counts, lol)
Going Grey With Scrap-Creations - Go Green
Allsorts - April Fools/Humorous 
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - Beverages, coffee/te

Card: 300 gsm white card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Coffee Happy and Sketchy Alphabet
Ink and colouring: Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Faber Castell Albrech Dürer watercolour pens

Disclaimer: I have received some STAMPlorations products for free in exchange for creating cards for the challenge. All opinions however are completely my own. As you can see by browsing my blog, I have been using STAMPlorations products (which I bought myself) way before my time on the DT and I wouldn't recommend them unless I absolutely loved them myself.

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

Great CAS card and lovely colouring.
Thank you for joining our April Fool challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Mac Mable said...

Such clever masking and the most gorgeous colouring. Love the layout, the colours and how useful is the sketchy alphabet stmap set? (it's on my list!). Fabulous CAS card x

Pink Unicorn said...

Mac Mable, I completely agree about the sketchy alphabet, it's a must have!! I love it, so versatile!!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 124 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Jenna ♥ said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Moments.
Good Luck

Jenna, DT
Jenna's Design

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Great cascade focusing on spring green! Just a few accents behind and a major sentiment in just green. This is so fresh! - Sweet Kobylkin

Susan Raihala said...

What an awesome card honoring my favorite beverage! The masking is perfect, and so is the coloring. Thanks so much for sharing this at OLS!