Saturday 23 April 2016

Happy Mother's Day to Grandma


For once, I managed a really productive day today. Not only have I cleaned part of the house, done two loads of laundry, cleaned out Gary the Snake, did some gardening, did the weekly shop and rat shopping (the joys of having a snake), cooked dinner but on top of all of that even managed a bit of crafty time. I'm looking forward to an early night today and a deep clean of the craft room tomorrow along with some lazy slouching. 

Today's card was inspired by two images, one over at Inspired by All the Little Things and another over at Just Us Girls. I was also inspired by the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch. The background is from my box of unfinished projects, and I was inspired by the flowers and the pink, green and turquoise colour scheme of the second image. I created the background by stamping and heat embossing in clear powder, and then inking using Spun Sugar and Milled Lavender Distress ink. I then used my new Lawn Fawn Scalloped Rectangle dies for the background, and Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banners and Violet's ABCs to create the sentiment (which says "to grandma" in Finnish). I inked around the scalloped rectangle using Distress Ink, and attached everything onto white linen textured card. So happy to finally find a use for the background I made ages ago, it's always nice to make some room in the unfinished project box. I'm also linking up my card with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where the theme is Make It Girlie.





Card: 300 gsm linen textured card, 160 gsm Hobbycraft white card, 160 gsm Hobbycraft Three Shades of Green card, scrap of turquoise card
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark, Tim Holtz Distress Inks Spun Sugar, Milled Lavender and Peeled Paint
Stamps: Inkadinkado Floral Wood Cut, Lawn Fawn Violet's ABCs
Other: Ranger Fine Clear Embossing Powder, Lawn Fawn Scalloped Rectangle and Everyday Sentiment Banners dies, Papermania Seafoam White Embossing Powder

4 comments:

Ina G said...

Oh so pretty with those soft colours. Thanks for joining in this week over at Just Us Girls.

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous! I love your wonderful take on the inspiration photo and on the sketch!

Lin said...

What a lovely soft background! At first I thought you'd overlaid it with vellum! Thanks so much for sharing your design with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Productive days are the best! Love your design. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Inspired by All the Little Things this week!