Monday 11 April 2016

Inlaid die cuts


What  a beautiful spring day it has been today. I was running around the hospital site like crazy most of the day, meetings here, picking up samples there, and all this without wearing a jacket, enjoying the warm sun on my face. Over the weekend, we bought some new plants for the flower borders. I know absolutely nothing about gardening or plants, I just buy stuff with nicely coloured flowers and they say hardy or easy to care for. I figured, those might have a chance to survive. Check in on the situation in a few weeks again. I figured, if they survive the first few weeks, they should be all right. I'm particularly excited about my new peonies, I really hope they will get to a great start to life and produce wonderful colourful flowers in a few month's time.

Colour is one thing today's card has plenty of. I've been a bit challenged in the creativity department lately, but I promise I will make up for it in a few days with a few really inspiring posts to come. Today's card was inspired by the gorgeous card by Anita Bowden over on Muse challenge and the colours over at Always Playing With Paper. I was inspired by the gorgeous background in Anita's card, and the inlaid die cut. I was also inspired by the current challenge over at Just Us Girls, which is smooshing. I smooshed Tim Holtz Distress Paints on watercolour paper to create the colourful background and the card for the die cut sentiment. The it was just a case of assembling everything onto foam pads and stamping the second part of the sentiment. I'm also linking up with AAA Challenges where Anything Goes and Addicted to CAS where the theme is Inlaid Dies.


Card: 300 gsm linen textured white card, 300 gsm watercolour paper
Ink and paint: Tim Holtz Distress Paints Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Tsukineko Tuxedo Memento Black
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle and Scripty Hugs dies

12 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome colors! Right up my alley! Great card!

Shirley said...

Love inlay technique and your colorful card is really neat - love it!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Great color combo for your smooshing! Love the clean design and the inlaid die. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS in our Trend Challenge!

Susan said...

Great color background and I really LOVE that hugs die!! Beautiful card!

Ardyth said...

LOVE how the blue/green really pops on the pink/orange! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Doni High said...

This card really"pops"...love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful, colorful panel with great contrast between the inlaid die cut and the background!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!

Rachel Bergfeld said...

This is SO pretty! Lovely use of the colors! Thanks for joining us this week at The Challenge!

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, I love colours. Thank you for joining us for The Challenge.

Neets B said...

A gorgeous background and I love your contrasting die cut. Thanks for playing along at Muse this week x

Justine Hovey said...

Pretty! I love the background! Thanks for playing along at AAA Card Challenge! :) Justine