Friday 29 April 2016

Wonderful Hummingbird

Hello bank holiday weekend! Yes, the weather will be terrible, but we are talking a whole three days of blissful happiness. And toady is the eve of all of this bliss. I always love the lazy feel of Friday evenings - you know there is no hurry to go to bed as you don't have to wake to the alarm clock tomorrow morning. No big plans - just some crafting, tidy up around the house, and trying to coax the Culinary Consultant into doing some BBQ despite the arctic weather conditions. I hope you will enjoy your weekend, whether it's a two or a three day one!

I thought my new crafty stash would be my inspiration to create something new, but when I saw the inspiration image over at Fusion this week, I knew exactly which stamp set to reach for. I love the gorgeous STAMPlorations hummingbird, and decided to enjoy a bit of watercolouring with the gorgeous Gansai Tambi watercolours. I was also inspired by the colours over at ColourQ and the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches. I'm also linking up over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes and Make My Monday where the theme is April showers bring May flowers. I stamped the hummingbird and flowers in black and heat embossed in clear powder to make the watercolouring easier. Then I got creative with the Gansai Tambis. I masked the bird and flowers and splattered some blue onto the background. I chose a sentiment from STAMPlorations Bold Sentiments: Discover and added some stickles for a bit of glitter on the bird for a finishing touch.




Card: 300 gsm white card, Vanguard dark blue card, 190 gsm watercolour card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Hummingbird - Large, Bold Sentiments: Discover
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours
Other: Ranger clear fine embossing powder, Ranger Ice Stickles Mint Ice

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful hummingbird! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Sylvia said...

Such a pretty card, pretty hummingbird! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

SmilynStef said...

Didn't you have the perfect stamps ... love your pretty little hummingbird ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so beautiful and a wonderful combination of the challenges. Your watercoloring is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cazro said...

A very pretty card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Make My Monday. Caz DT

Fliss said...

Really gorgeous card.
Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at Make My Monday.
Fliss DT x

Lin said...

Your sentiment is perfect with this sweet little wonder! Looking forward to seeing them again this summer - they are such a bright spot in a day! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow! Your card is gorgeous as are the sweet images you'e used. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Lisa Elton said...

This is fantastic!! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Michelle said...

Amazing coloring on both the bird and flowers! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Jeanne J. said...

Beautiful watercolor! I love the scene you created!