Sunday 24 July 2016

Flying high for my 500th post


It's been a totally insane few days with so much work that I don't know what to do with it all. But I also got to enjoy great food with good friends, and there's plenty more of that to come as I'm enjoying a week of annual leave with the plan to spend quality time with family and friends and hopefully enjoy some sun (responsibly while fully covered up and drenched in sunscreen after my recent mishap which left me with skin peeling off my shoulders).
Also, in all this excitement I almost missed the fact that this is my 500th post! If I had realised a bit sooner I would have planned a bit of a bash or something but as with so many other things in life it just sneaks up on you and you just have to roll with it.

Today's card was inspired by the gorgeous colours over at ColourQ. I was also inspired by the Things With Wings challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge and I'm linking up with The Crafter's Cafe where the theme is CAS and Creative With Stamps where the theme is Ink Splatters.




I started by stamping the gorgeous swallowtail in Versamark and heat embossed in gold. Then I coloured the butterfly with Gansai Tambi watercolours and splattered some colour all over the card after masking the swallowtail. Last I stamped a sentiment fromnSTAMPlorations in Versamark and embossed in gold powder.

Card: 300 gsm watercolour paper
Stamps: STAMPlorations Art Mark s, Stampin' Up Swallowtail
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Versamark, Kuretaki Gansai Tambi watercolours
Other: Gold embossing powder

2 comments:

Billie A said...

Beautiful butterfly and congrats on 500 posts. So glad you shared your card over at Creative with Stamps.
Billie A
Creative with Stamps
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Aud Sentiments

Lilian said...

Congratulations! And I love that butterfly! Pretty, pretty!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio