Sunday 31 July 2016

So many rainbows


Wow, two runs in three days. How good that this madness called holiday is over, otherwise I might have really gotten into that whole running thing... In other news, we spent yesterday in the Norfolk Broads aboard the below vessel. Apart from the pouring rain it was a lovely outing which may have involved a glass or two of Prosecco.


Between my newfound running obsession I did manage to find some crafty time. I was super inspired by the awesome sketch over at RetroSketches as well as the gorgeous inspiration image over at Time Out. I was inspired by the white walls against the rainbow coloured painting. Hey, just give me an opportunity to do anything rainbow coloured and I cannot resist. I'm also linking up with AAA Cards and Shopping Our Stash, both which have the theme Stitching. Which gave me a great opportunity to try out the new stitched rectangle dies from STAMPlorations which I absolutely adore - just look at that wonky stitching. In addition, the cloud also has a stitched edge but it doesn't show very well on the photo as I added some Ice Stickles to give the cloud a silver lining. 






I started with an old background from my UFO box which I made by smooshing Tim Holtz Distress Paints onto white card. I die cut a rectangle using the CUTlorations Stitched Rectangle dies, a larger one from the rainbow background and a smaller one from white card. Next, I used the Lawn Fawn Rainbow die to cut the rainbow from various Lawn Fawn patterned papers and used a leftover cloud I found unloved on my crafting table (this is why you should never clean your desk!!). I stamped a sentiment using the STAMPlorations set called Hashtag Authentic and die cut the second line using one of the STAMPlorations word dies. After adhering everything in place I added some Ice Stickles around the edge of the cloud and some Crystal Effects onto the Awesome to give it a great glossy shine. I can't help it, but I always love how the rainbow cards turn out!

Card: white hammered and linen textured 300gsm card, Neenah Solar card, scrap of black card
Ink and colouring: Tim Holtz Distress Paints, Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps: STAMPlorations Hashtag Authentic
Dies: CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies, Awesome Word Die, Lawn Fawn Spring Showers, Rainbow
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka in the Dark, Let's Polka in the Meadow, Let's Polka 
Other: Stampin' Up Crystal Effects, Ranger Ice Stickles




7 comments:

Mimi said...

Hi, Pink Unicorn! This card is so well-balanced, I had to just come tell you! You know, here at SOS we have another rainbow-lover... I'm sure she'll be by soon :) Thank you for sharing this fabulous card! And I am a supporter of messy desks!

sandie said...

Wow love the rainbow and how you used this with the side panel, such a creative take on the photo. Thanks for joining Time Out and AAA

Jane said...

Love that stripy rainbow set against that powerful stormy background panel. Totally awesome! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Shirley said...

Neat card, great colors.

Chris Dring said...

I love everything about your fantastic card! The water colored back panel, the awesome striped rainbow, those wonky stitches! Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! So many spectacular and definitely awesome techniques, tricks and colours here. One to CASE for sure and love all the stitched detail. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards this week. Sarah x

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Wow!!! Karola, your watercoloured background is fantastic!!! Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin