Saturday 30 July 2016

NBUS STAMPlorations goodies



My explorations into my brand new goodies from STAMPlorations continues (I tried my first CUTplorations die yesterday here in case you missed it). There's nothing that gets the creative mojo going like being away from the craft room for almost a week - it seems like I have been creating on a roll for the last few days.

I stared by stamping the Framed Zinnia in Versamark Onyx Black (which is compatible with watercolouring). I then coloured the flowers using my Gansai Tambi watercolours using the colours from this week's ColourQ. I then masked the frame and stamped around the edges using several stamps from the Mixed Media Elements in Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmalade Distress ink. I also sprinkled some watercolour splotches on the card. Last, I used one of my brand new CUTplorations Awesome Word Die to die cut the sentiment from a scrap of purple card. Last, I stamped the first line of the sentiment in black ink to complete the card.

I'm entering the following challenges:
Freshly Made Sketches
ColourQ 
4 Crafty Chicks - Your favourite Designer/Paper/Company (STAMPlorations obviously :)
Cards 4 Galz - No Patterned Paper
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes


Card: 300 gsm watercolour card, scrap of purple card from my UFO box
Stamps: STAMPlorations Framed ZinniaMixed Media Elements, Hashtag Authentic
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Gansai Tambi watercolours
Dies: CUTplorations Awesome Word Die

7 comments:

Shery Russ said...

Wow -- I ADORE this card!!! It has my favorite colors in my favorite style! You are (obviously!) awesome :o)

Tamie said...

Fabulous colors and awesome layout for this card. I have gone to take a peek at these stamps and they are beautiful. Thank you so very much for sharing your super cute adorable inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge.

Tamie DT

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautifully done! The coloring on your flowers is just wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

Jen Mitchell said...

Such a beautiful design. I love the way you've used the colors and layered these images. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and colourQ!

Michelle said...

Such a beautiful composititon! Love the spalshes of color! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Awesome card! Great design. Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this and the feel you have created with the flowers stamped on the newsprint DSP. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!