Tuesday 19 July 2016

Unicorn On A Cloud


I haven't been kidnapped and replaced by someone else just because I've already managed to post several cards this week. I have just managed to find a bit more crafty time for a change. I guess I'm feed up with my job at the moment and refuse to put in crazy hours. I'm sure I will have to soon again, but for now I'll just enjoy my craft room while I can. But don't get too excited - I will be away all of next week, so it will be quite around the InvisiblePinkCraftroom. I bet the Culinary Consultant will enjoy a week on his own - I would be willing to bet money on fish and chips for dinner every evening and endless violent movies and computer games until the break of dawn. I in turn get to hang out with family and good friends and hopefully also enjoy the peace and quiet of the summerhouse for a day or two.

So what about today's card? When I saw the adorable unicorn inspiration image over at Curtain Call I had to play along for pretty obvious reasons. And while I'm waiting eagerly for August to receive my new adorable Lawn Fawn unicorn stamp, there is no reason why my first ever Lawn Fawn stamp set can't come out and play in the meantime. I was also inspired by the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch. I'm also linking up over at Lawnscaping (this is my second entry) where the theme is to use rainbow colours.


I started by die cutting the rainbow using a Lawn Fawn die from watercolour paper. Then I took out my untouched Tim Holtz Distress Crayons (I know, I know... but after being so excited about getting them, I realised I really have no idea what to do with them!) and coloured the various bits, blending with my finger and spritzing with water. Next, I stamped the unicorn, coloured her with Copics and die cut with the matching die. I also die cut a rectangle of patterned paper with a stitched rectangle die for the background, and lots of clouds from vellum and white card. I arranged everything for my scene and last, I cut the sentiment from golden mirri card, stamped the second part of the sentiment in black and added a few gold sequins for good measure. I also added some ice stickles to the edges of a few of the clouds and to the unicorn's horn, unfortunately it doesn't show very well in the image.

Card: 300 gsm watercolour paper, 300 gsm white hammered card, gold mirri card, Neenah Solar smooth white card, Dovecraft 110 gsm premium vellum
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After and matching dies
Ink and colouring: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Sharpies gold and silver, Tim Holtz Distress crayons
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka Mon Amie
Other: Lawn Fawn Happy Birthday Border, Spring Showers and Rainbow dies, Ranger Ice Stickles, gold sequins from my stash

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! Great take on the sketch and inspiration photo!

Suzanne Bier said...

Love the different colored mane and tail on the unicorn! Great take on the challenge theme! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping challenges!