Sunday 10 July 2016

Roses in Distress Ink


This weekend has been a bit of a truncated one - I had to work yesterday as we did a big public engagement event in town. I spoke until I was hoarse, and there must have been thousands of people out and about. It was a successful day, but also really exhausting. Luckily I got to relax by having a really nice dinner with a good friend in the evening. Today I have all the usual weekend chores to deal with - the house needs cleaning and food needs cooking. As the gooseberries are also starting to ripen I'm planning a batch of jam later. But right now I'm stuck in front of the TV watching the dramatic and very wet start of the Silverstone GP. Some thing will have to give today, and I think that something will be my planned run...

I did take a bit of crafty time earlier today, creating a card inspired by the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches and the colours over at Color Throwdown. Furthermore, I was also inspired by the Sponging theme this week at Just Us Girls and the Sequins theme over at CAS on Sunday.




I started by creating an oval mask using a piece of scrap paper. Then I layered the ARTplorations Old Rose Prints stencil and my oval mask and sponged Abandoned Coral, Festive Berries and Aged Mahogany Distress Ink onto smooth white card focussing the darker colours to the centres of the roses and around the edges of the oval. Then I die cut a banner from Lawn Fawn Let's Polka In the Meadow paper and the sentiment from black card. Last, I added a few small sequins for decoration.

Card: 300 gsm white smooth card
Stencil: ARTplorations Old Rose Prints
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Abandoned Coral, Aged Mahogany and Festive Berries
Dies: Lawn Fawn Extra Sentiment Banners, Thinking of You Border die
Other: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka In the Meadow patterned paper, sequins from my stash



6 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

I love how you sponged the roses into an oval shape. And the colors you've chosen give them such depth! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty sponged background roses - Thanks for joining in at JUGS~

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the variegated coloring you achieved in these lovely roses! Beautiful take on the throwdown colors! Thanks for joining us in the challenge this week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness! This is just gorgeous. Your stencilling is amazing - those roses look stunning! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Ina G said...

Lovely cas card. Nice sponging. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls.

Lori said...

Beautiful! Your sponged stenciling is just perfect. Thanks for joining us for the 400th Color Throwdown!