Thursday 21 July 2016

July STAMPlorations CAS Challenge - Mid-month inspiration


Welcome to our STAMPlorations CAS challenge mid-month inspiration. For our July CAS challenge we have an optional colour twist of orange. Thank you to everyone who has already linked up, so many fabulous projects! You still have a few more weeks to participate and to have a chance of winning a gift card to the fabulous STAMPlorations shop.


For my card I decided to play with Brushos to create a background. I cut a rectangular opening from a sheet of scrap paper, layered this onto watercolour paper and spritzed with water using a mini mister. Then I sprinkled on some Brusho crystals in yellow and orange. I love it that you never know what the Brushos will do and every card you create with them is completely unique. After the Brushos dried, I stamped the elegant feathers and the sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black ink. Such a quick and easy way to create a beautiful and unique card.

Card: 300 gsm watercolour paper
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Brushos
Stamps: STAMPlorations Trendy Feathers 

Disclaimer: I have received some STAMPlorations products for free in exchange for creating cards for the challenge. All opinions however are completely my own. As you can see by browsing my blog, I have been using STAMPlorations products (which I bought myself) way before my time on the DT and I wouldn't recommend them unless I absolutely loved them myself.