Monday 25 July 2016

Paper Pieced Flowers


With summer in full swing I am inspired by all the lovely flowers everywhere. This card was also inspired by the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch and the colours over at Color Throwdown. How amazing aren't those colours, I just knew I had to play along this time. I was also inspired by the paper piecing challenge over at Just Add Ink and The Thank You theme over at Clean And Simple On SundayAlthough just a little tip - if you are planning on doing paper piecing, be sure to pick a stamp that DOESN'T have a gazillion pieces which are all the size of a grain of sand or somewhere thereabouts... this required a lot of patience and there may have been some swearing and a lot of glue sticking to my hands. 





It should be quite obvious what happened here - I started by die cutting the frame and then stamping the triangular flower arrangement inspired by the sketch. I then proceeded to fussy cut all the required pieces. I'm a bit gutted that I didn't have any patterned paper with a slightly lighter purple to better match the challenge colours but all you can do is make use of what you have at hand. Last I die cut the sentiment and then went on to the puzzle of adhering every little piece. It would have been impossible to know which leaf fit where except I cleverly arranged everything in place as I was cutting, so it was just a case of picking each piece up with tweezers and adding glue. I keep questioning myself about the sentiment, maybe I should have gone for a banner instead to be closer to the sketch, but I think this works quite well too.

Card: 300 gsm linen textured white card
Stamps: Stampin' Up So Very Grateful
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka Mon Amie, Let's Polka in the Meadow, Let's Polka in the Dark
Dies: Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks die and Stitched Rectangle Frame die


9 comments:

Jan said...

This is so pretty Pink Unicorn! Your paper piecing of this sweet and delicate posy of flowers is totally gorgeous and so well worth the obvious effort. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Nikki Spencer said...

Lovely! The fine detail and dainty patterns and design are so pretty. Thanks for sharing your sweet card at Just Add Ink.

ColourmehappyDi said...

Wow, that is a LOT of fussy cutting & piecing. I hear you on the advice! The resuly is so delicate & pretty that I hope you've forgotten the pain. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink.
Di :)

Christine Blain said...

Well done, on paper-piecing those teensy little flowers! Your card is beautiful; thanks for persevering! We appreciate you joining in with us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Lori said...

Wow! Your paper piecing is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Patrice said...

I wish summer was in full spring where I live in Australia! Still very cold unfortunately. I love your card, and all those pretty little flowers - what a huge effort, and it sure paid off. Thank you for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Anonymous said...

Wow - this looks like it would have been very time consuming...I love how you have used the paper for the sentiment....I would not have thought of that...thank you for sharing. Chantell JAI

anja curvers said...

Such a pretty card love it. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on Sunday.

Mariken said...

Lovely card! Really beautiful! Thank you for joining us at the challenge of CAS on Sunday!