Monday 11 August 2014

Another Rose Garden Card


This is going to be extremely quick as I should be in bed (although I will post it in the morning, so that may actually sound weird). Anyhow, I wanted to participate in this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge as they had a cool sketch and I thought it would work great with the Rose Garden decoupage set I have been working with (you can see my other cards here and here) and the deadline for the challenge is Monday every week, so I thought I better finish the card before I go to bed. Also why the photo is dodgy, had to take it with flash as daylight was gone hours ago.

Lots of layers, a bit of die cutting, lace, and the sentiment printed onto vellum using the beautiful Jane Austen font, in line with the other cards in the "series" and Bob's your uncle. Looking at the list of supplies for this one, it really goes to show you don't need a lot of stuff to make cards, it's only an expensive hobby if you make it into one (not saying that's not the fun bit, but still...). 



Card: Leonardo Stationery 350 and 300 gsm smooth white card, Coloured 240 gsm craft card in Purple Grape, Pink Raspberry and Lilac, Dovecraft 110 gsm Premium Vellum
Paper: Marianne design pretty Rose Garden designer paper and decoupage kit (Free with the current issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine)
Other: Tim Holtz Alterations Vintage Lace die, lace from my stash

2 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Such pretty colors on your card with a wonderful vintage feel! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What a lovely card! I do love that vintage lace die! Love the sentiment on vellum! I need to do that more often! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!