Sunday 10 August 2014

Party on, you striped little zoo friend


It's been a crazy week, and spending time in the craft room unfortunately hasn't been a priority. Today the weather has been miserable, and I welcome the thunder storm as it gives me some time to play in the craft room, while I watch the skies weep and the thunder roll.

Today I wanted to make a cheery card, and ever since I saw that the theme for this week's CASology was "Stripes", I knew I wanted to make a card with the funky disco zebra I coloured on holiday. I was also inspired by the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers where the theme this week is "Z is for Zoo" and I thought the psychedelic zebra would fit right in with all the funny animals the Sisters have created this week. I was also inspired by this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where we are asked to "Make it sparkle". 



I coloured one swirl from the Sweet Threads Spirals background stamp using Tim Holtz distress markers and stamped onto white cardstock. I printed the sentiment using free fonts Cutie Patootie and Hey Pretty Girl. I stamped the zebra using Staz-on onto watercolour paper and coloured using Tim Holtz Distress markers, and cut using the matching die. I used a punch to cut out the stars from silver paper. Not only did I add the sparkly silver stars, but as you can see from the close up photo below, the disco zebra also has a bit of sparkle in it's mane and tail. I also stamped inside the card. 



Cardstock: Silvery grey cardstock from my stash (ordered from eBay and has no indication of make on it), Hobbycraft 160 gsm white cardstock, Daler & Rowney 300 gsm Aquafine watercolour paper, Stampin' Up Glimmer Paper Silver
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters on the Savanna and matching die, Hero Arts Sweet Threads Spirals background stamp, Stampin' Up Banner Blast, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Ink: Tsukineko Staz-on and Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz distress markers in Festive Berries, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves and Squeezed Lemonade
Other: Tim Holtz distress stickles in Crushed Olive, Dusty Concorde, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmelade, Tumbled Glass and Worn Lipstick


12 comments:

Melissa said...

YOU have the zebra I needed for my card!!! LOL! :) What an adorable, happy card you created! This sure brightens MY day!
Thank you for joining us over at CASology!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is adorable, and FUN and makes me really SMILE!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!!

Donna said...

Ohhhhh love your rainbow zebra!! Adorable! Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for the "Z is for Zoo" challenge!!

Lisa from Lisascraftylife. com said...

That is so cute! I love the rainbow with the white notecard.

cheiron said...

I absolutely LOVE the rainbow zebra!!! So happy and so fun. Thanks so much for playing along with our Make It Sparkle Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Chris Dring said...

Who doesn't love a disco zebra!? Seriously?! This is all sorts of cute!! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the Zoo challenge!

Darnell said...

This is such a fun card, Pink!! I want to thank you for bringing back the 60s up in the party in my head!! Hugs, Darnell

Lindsey said...

This is absolutely a cheery card! Rainbow disco zebra... too awesome, as is the funky swirl. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Karen Schroeder said...

Disco Zebra...Love it! I was never a fan of disco, but since you mentioned rock, I'll let it go! Thanks for monkeying around with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Z is for Zoo Challenge!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Disco zebra for the win! Love it! Great card, great colors, great fun. Go thunderstorms so we can stay inside and play! (they make hubby want to watch submarine movies which he is doing right now)

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Zebras and rainbows, somehow perfect for each other! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Love it, so very fun. Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.