Monday 4 August 2014

Fancy a cuppa?


This is one of those rare cards which turned out better than I thought. I'm not much for découpage, but when the latest issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft came with some free découpage sheets and pretty rose garden papers, I thought I might as well use them, it's not like I would lose any highly valued things if the cards turned out hideous. Also, when I first saw this week's Stampin' Royalty sketch, it didn't do that much to me. But as I re-visited the DT's beautiful creations, as well as stumbled upon the sketch in various card challenges around the Interwebs it really grew on me, and when I sat down with my decoupage bits and bobs I thought it would actually work quite well for what I had in mind. 


For the background, I used a rose stamp and Versamark on light blue cardstock that coloured with the DSP. I cut the découpage teacup and roses and attached the layers using foam pads. I added some lace trim to the edges of the triangles. I was then left to play the "Where does the sentiment go" game, and solved this with the good old "Just use vellum" trick. I printed the sentiment using my new favourite font called Jane Austin. It's the font of my dreams, just what I have been looking for. And it's freely downloadable!


Card: Leonardo Stationery 350 gsm Smooth White Card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm three shades of blue, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, Dovecraft 110 gsm premium vellum
Paper: Marianne Design pretty Rose Garden designer paper and découpage pack, free with the September issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark
Stamps: Inspirations clear flower stamps
Other: Lace trim from my stash

2 comments:

Georgeann Manning said...

You always make such amazing things!! Love this! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

Pink Unicorn said...

Thank very much you Georgeann, and I love the Stampin' Royalty challenges!!