Sunday 24 August 2014

Dino baby card



As so many other crafters, I have accumulated quite a stash of crafting supplies. But I also have a stash of small paper pieces, half finished projects, stamped images that I didn't end up using. And I can't throw any of it away, but it all ends up in various boxes and folders. I'm challenging myself now and again to make a project only with the bits and pieces I find in these boxes and folders. And originally this card contained nothing but stuff from the stash - the dinosaurs are from the bunch of critters I coloured while laying on the beach in Cape Verde (that seems so long ago now). But I didn't like the green cardstock I used for the grass, so I switched it to this polkadot one, which technically also was from the stash but not one of the tiny little paper scraps but I had to cut it out from a bigger piece. But I like the look of the card much better like this.

This card was inspired by two challenges, Freshly Made Sketches and The Color Throwdown. The sketch immediately got my imagination racing, and I was thinking what I could use to replace the flowers. And what better than two dinosaurs!! I'm also entering the card in this week's Addicted to Stamps and more where the theme is Clean and Simple.





Cardstock: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm and 350 gsm white card, Daler & Rowney 300 gsm Aquafine watercolour paper, Stampin' Up Pink Pirouette
Paper: Stampin' Up Patterns Stack Brights
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters from the Past, Paper Smooches A Little Lovin'
Ink: Tsukineko Staz-on, Tim Holtz distress markers and Stampin' Up Blender Pen, Blushing Bride
Other: Lawn Fawn Critters from the Past die, Grassy Border die, Sizzix large embossing folder Birthday Stars 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you've coloured the dinos and the background is a clever touch. Thanks for playing with us at ATSM!

Amy O said...

Very cute! I love those adorable dinosaurs, and that star background is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Joan Ervin said...

Kudos to you for using your *bits and pieces*!!!! This turned out absolutely adorable...love the sweet little baby dino and how you used the colors!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the dinosaur mom with her wee one! Sweet card!

Jen Timko said...

So cute! Love those little dinos. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Kylie said...

Such a cute card! Love the gorgeous little scene you created with those adorable critters. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx