Friday 1 August 2014

Flower card in summery colours


I have been feeling a bit weird lately. Not sure what's going on, I just can't focus on anything. If you are following the food blog you know it's been very quiet over there as well. And it's been very simple cards coming out from the InvisiblePinkCraftRoom lately. I have also needed lots of help and inspiration to get going, and thankfully there are all the wonderful challenge blogs out there to turn to. This card is the love child of this week's Freshly Made Sketch and Colour Me... challenge. I do love the Hero Arts Layered Flower stamp, I know I have used it in a very similar way previously here. But I do love the texture and feel of the watercolour paper and colouring with just one marker and a AquaFlo brush is so easy that even my non-existent patience can deal with it currently so I thought why not create another card with a pretty flower.


I stamped the flower onto watercolour paper using Staz-on and coloured using the Stampin' Write Melon Mambo marker and a Aquaflo brush. I used foam pads to stick the flower together, and added some stickles for that lovely glitter effect. I embossed the So Saffron card stock and matted onto daffodil delight. The twine is from my stash, but it matches the melon mambo very well. I didn't feel like I was able to fit a sentiment onto the card front, so I added one inside the card instead.





Cardstock: Leonardo Stationery 350 and 300 gsm white card, Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and So Saffron card, Daler&Rowney 190 gsm watercolour paper
Stamps: Hero Arts Layered Flowers, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Inks: Tsukineko Staz-on black, Stampin' Up Melon Mambo ink pad and marker pen
Other: Sizzix embossing folder Swirls, pink twine from my stash, Tim Holtz Distress stickles Worn Lipstick  

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Nice! I love the flower!

Sherrie M. said...

WOW! That is a GORGEOUS flower and it works well against the embossed panels. Thanks for playing along at Colour Me....! this week and hope to see you in the gallery again soon.

Amy O said...

That flower is beautiful! And I love the textured panels and colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Unknown said...

Love the coloring on the flower, and how you tied the inside of the card to the outside with the stamping. Super cute project! Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

Julia
CMCC Design Team

Jen Timko said...

This is beautiful….just lovely!! The colors and flower are perfect. Great take on the sketch. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Susan Powell said...

this is beautiful!