Tuesday 5 August 2014

Sweet treats


The theme at Craft Your Passion challenges this week is Sweet treats. And the theme here at the InvisiblePinkCraftRoom this week is Christmas Cards. And a desire to use up some of my old Christmas stash before the new stuff starts rolling in (I'm trying to resist, but feel like there just may be a new stamp set or two before Christmas-time is upon us). And so this sweet little gingerbread fellow was born from the contents of one of those random left over bags that you can't make yourself throw away...

Almost all of the stuff for the card was from my stash, more specifically from a set of DSP, chipboard shapes and dimensional stickers that came with the Christmas 2013 issue of Papercraft Inspirations magazine. I browsed through the magazine again, and was also inspired to use the last few bits and bobs that were left over after making the card to make a tag. I drew the template for the tag free hand, inspired by the tag in the magazine and cut the paper to match, adding a bow and attaching the candy cane with foam dots. I was running out of light so the picture is not the best, but the tag turned out rather nice despite making use of the last little bits of the stash. And I'm relieved that the chipboard shapes and foam stickers are now all used up, making space for new stuff!




Card: Craft UK kraft card, coloured 240 gsm kraft card in Chocolate Brown and Beige
Paper: Jennifer Ellory Gingerbread Lane DSP, chipboard shapes and dimensional stickers from Papercraft Inspirations magazine Christmas 2013
Other: Red ribbon from my stash, lace from my stash

2 comments:

Carrie Rhoades said...

Great tag, I love the candy cane!! I don't know why, but they are one of my favorite Christmas images. And gingerbread men have a soft place in my heart too. Suddenly I am feeling excited about Christmas!

Michelle said...

Wow this is great.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle (DT)