Friday 22 August 2014

Needlecraft


I seem to have misplaced my crafting mojo. My craft room is filled with started but never finished cards, none of which turned out in life as they looked in my mind's eye. I just can't get there. So I decided to turn to another form of crafting while waiting for good ol' mojo to get back. I hope it won't be too long now, but in the meantime I thought I would gear up for winter. I used to knit a lot, and when my Mum shipped over all of my stuff from the homeland last winter, the shipment included a big batch of wool (well, actually it was much reduced from what it was originally, but there is still a few sweaters worth in there). I picked up some leftover wool and made these little things to warm my paws when the poor little piggies get cold in wintertime.

I have to admit I have never learned to read knitting patterns in English, all the patterns I have are in Finnish or Swedish. And to be honest, I can knit a pair of socks in my sleep, so I don't need a pattern for them. But I guess if I ever come across a nice enough knitting pattern I will figure it out what all the things are called in English. Until then, I might just stick with my Finnish patters, out of pure laziness. Oh and don't despair, I promise the next post will be a card.




1 comment:

Crafty Judith said...

ooo super socks hun had a go at sock knitting but never really got there - thanks so much for stopping by my blog hugs Judith x