Tuesday 26 August 2014

So Very Grateful for Blendabilities


It's probably quite evident by now that I rely very heavily on online crafting challenges to find inspiration for making my cards. It makes the whole creative process so much easier when I have a sketch and/or colour combo to focus on. I'm sure many artsy people groan at the thought of speeding up the creative process, and scream out objections along the lines of "art shouldn't be hurried" and "it's all in the process". While I don't object in any way to sitting down, doodling and waiting for creativity to strike (or slowly build as it more often does), most days I don't have the patience for that. That's for true artists. I'm just a simple card crafter, and I like to stamp and colour. Everyone should go with what works for them. And today what worked for me was CAS(E) This Sketch and Just Add Ink




The wonderful inspiration from these challenges led to today's card, and even if I say so myself I think it turned out rather nice. I love flower stamps, and I particularly love this set called So Very Grateful from Stampin' Up. It's perfect for colouring, and the two flower stamps in the set allow many different layouts. I have made other cards with it (here and here) which has a completely different feel, so it's a very versatile little set. This time I tired my hand at using the Blendabilities, which are a set of new alcohol based markers from Stampin' Up. I really like the feel of them, they blend beautifully. I had so much fun colouring the card that I couldn't resist stamping inside the card as well.


Cardstock: Coloured 240 gsm kraft card in Purple Grape, Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm white card, Dovecraft 110 gsm premium vellum
Stamps: Stampin' Up So Very Grateful, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Inks: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin'Up Blendabilities Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry, Stampin' Write marker Calypso Coral
Other: Stampin' Up Basic Pearls

5 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

You've done a fabulous job with the Blendabilities, your flowers are stunning! Such a beautiful cas style card!
Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

OH Babs said...

Very nice job. I love to color to and I agree with your philosophy of creating with what works for you.

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful! Lovely colouring, and great, clean, style - love it! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty - both the inside and outside of the card. I love the Sentiment on Vellum - it is very effective. Chantell JAI

Tina said...

Oh my, I really love your card! So clean and pretty and elegant. I'm a big fan of the sentiment on vellum. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.