Wednesday 13 August 2014

Splat!


I have been feeling restless all day. I tried to craft but didn't feel very creative, so I had a browse around the Blogosphere for inspiration and inspiring challenges. When I saw the current Always Playing with Paper/Merry Monday challenge, I immediately thought of a tutorial (which unfortunately I cannot acknowledge as I can't for my life remember where I saw it) about using alcohol markers to colour white heat embossing on black cardstock. I immediately thought the challenge and the sketch would be perfect for trying out this technique. I did interpret the sketch very literally, but sometimes you just need to take the easy way out. I did enjoy colouring in all the small splatters, it kept my mind busy as I was singing loudly along to very embarrassing music from my youth. 


I am also linking up my card to this week's Craft Your Passion challenge where the theme this week is to add something yellow to your card. I am also entering this week's Clear It Out challenge where the theme is embossing and the stash item is embossing powder/folder. For this card, I only used stuff from my stash. The black card was from a leftover piece of cardstock, the orange card in the background is from a bunch of orange papers which have been in my stash for so long I thought they would disintegrate soon, and the colouring was done with my beloved Sharpies I got for Christmas last year. For some added bling, I added a bit of Distress stickles in yellow and orange, although they don't show very well on the photo.

Cardstock: Leftover black and orange cardstock from my stash, Leonardo Stationery 350 gsm smooth white card
Stamps: Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark
Other: 80's glam Sharpies, Tim Holtz distress stickles in Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmelade, Papermania Seafoam White embossing powder

7 comments:

Linda said...

What a neat technique. Fun card.

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

Great colors!! Thanks for joining us at Clear It OUt Challenge, best of luck!

wienerhoneymooners said...

FUN sentiment, so CUTE, and I LOVE a black background, the SPLATTERS are Awesome!!!! Thanks for joining us at the Challenge!!!

Lynn's Place said...

Thanks for joining us at CIO challenge blog...wonderful job on your project...tfs

Dee Miranda said...

Love the bright colors on the black cardstock! It looks amazing!

-Dee

Lesley said...

Well this is awesome...love that you used black cardstock too. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge.

Jeanne J. said...

This is so fun and fresh. The pop of color is beautiful!