Saturday 2 August 2014

J is for Jingle Bells


Not long to go to Christmas! Well, I know it's a while still, but I had promised myself I would keep making Christmas cards through the year but of course I haven't... So last night I did put together two simple but elegant christmas cards using the Stampin' Up Ornament Keepsakes dies and some Christmas paper. I also stamped a greeting inside the card. I really love the Sentiments in the 12 Days of Christmas - Word Banners stamp set, they make a really pretty greeting. 



I like this card idea as it's really quick, so I may just put together my Christmas cards for work colleagues in this way. Last year I chose a much too complicated setup for the work cards, and was struggling to get them all done. Not going to make that mistake this year again!

My inspiration was this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where the theme is J. And for me J is for Jingle Bells. I also made another card with the same idea but a different sentiment. I really like these letter challenges, it's so much fun to look at the gallery and try to guess what the J is for each card. I'm also entering the card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where everything goes this week. 



Card: Craft UK 300 gsm kraft card, coloured 240 gsm craft card in Ruby Red, Dovecraft 110 gsm premium vellum
Paper: Dovecraft Back to Basics Christmas Designer Paper Pack
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark
Stamps: Dovecraft Clear S'Jingle TTS, Papermani Urban Stamps 12 Days of Christmas Word Banner (for the inside of the card and the card with vellum), gold and red embossing powder from my stash (which are so old they don't have the label left on them anymore), Stampin' Up Ornament Keepsakes dies

2 comments:

Lin said...

A great design, easily varied with pretty papers! Thanks for sharing these with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your fabulous Christmas cards. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)